• Acupuncture Point_ AP
A Point of the skin whose topography is recognized internationally.
Acupuncture effect is produced by: Stimulation of the AP by the metallic needle or by external stimulation: Moxas laser waves magnets massage and more…and recently liquid drug.
Stimulation of the AP by few drops of a drug, performed through a hollow needle (classical Mesopuncture) or deposited in this AP, by an external way through the dermis, without needle (Virtual Mesopuncture) like various external stimulations of the AP commonly used.
• Mesotherapy Point _MP
Mesotherapy authorizes to divide the drug _ Allopathy, trace elements, phytotherapy, homeopathy, physiological serum, distilled water, vitamins, anti-aging… in multiple deposits, Mesotherapy Points_ MPs, created in the dermis.
Mesotherapy can be performed with needle, Classical Mesotherapy or without needle, Virtual Mesotherapy.
A_ FUNDAMENTALS OFACUPUNCTURE/MESOPUNCTURE
It had become clear, already many years ago, that effective treatment helping to reduce various conditions as for example to reduce disorders of health or body shape (Pain, cellulite, overweight) or other aesthetic disturbances, should include multiple modes of therapy preferably in the area of treatments minimally or no-invasive.
Chinese medicine has initiated, thirty years ago, injecting a liquid drug into the AP to potentiate conventional metal stimulation of the AP (Acupuncture Point) by a fluid stimulation.
THE DESK RESEARCH ABOUT ACUPUNCTURE INJECTION OR MESOPUNCTURE
In the medical literature
** Two publications in FRANCE:
1) An article "Chemical Acupuncture" relating how to treat the musculo-skeletal pain by Xylocaine injected into the AP.
2) A second article about “A new art of healing, Mesopuncture” describing how to treat various health disorders by injecting, (with needle & syringe) homeopathic or allopathic drugs into the AP.
Note please, in these cases and in the following, the drugs do not act directly on the disease but have a general action only.
** Other Publications
In CHINA, three articles in “Synthesis of the works, Beijing Symposia, 1979” and a chapter in the “Handbook of Chinese acupuncture” published by the Academy of Chinese Traditional Medicine, Beijing, for French students.
1) THREE ARTICLES
* Analgesic effect of saline injection at auricular points in tooth extraction.
* Improvement of Acupuncture anaesthesia effects by synchronous stimulation and point blocking method.
* Clinical observation of 360 cases of infantile paralysis treated by Acupuncture and Acupuncture injection, Fujian college.
2) A CHAPTER which title is: « THE THERAPEUTIC BY INJECTION INTO THE ACUPUNCTURE POINTS”.
In this chapter from the French handbook of Chinese Acupuncture, we may read a description of the fluid [or liquid or mechanical or chemical] stimulus of AP, by injecting through a needle and a syringe, a liquid drug into this AP.
After a short abstract about how to proceed when injecting into the AP, we found a list of various products to inject: Vitamins, medicine meeting defined diseases, saline, distilled water, medicinal products from traditional Chinese medicine.
SOME BASIC DATA
THE ACUPUNCTURE POINT
If the topographical localization of the AP is universally accepted, the histological structure, and therefore the depth of the AP were rarely defined: The depth of the AP into the skin, which will be the Mesopuncture point also, is variable but certainly not confined to the hypodermis.
According to SOULIE DE MORANT (SDM) “The discoverer of Acupuncture, in Occident”,
The AP is located in the lower part of the dermis, in hypodermis, in the subcutaneous tissue. The skin sensitivity of an AP, known as deep, would also be part of this AP.
In the Handbook of Chinese Acupuncture: Le PA est localisé dans le tissue conjonctif.
The AP is located in the connective tissue of the dermis or of the subcutaneous or of a more deeply tissue.
For Professor SENELAR, Professor of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine of Montpellier (France),
The AP is a well beginning in the subcutaneous tissue and opened in the epidermis.
• In conclusion, the AP is a path located in the thickness of the skin, beginning in the epidermis and ending in the subcutaneous tissue.
STIMULATION OF THE ACUPUNCTURE POINT, THE FLUID STIMULUS OF THE AP OR MESOPUNCTURE
The AP can be stimulated by two ways.
• Internal stimulation
The AP is stimulated in any part of its intracutaneous path: Subcutaneous tissue, hypodermis dermis and epidermis.
Either by a compact acupuncture needle, a hollow needle (Acupuncture effect) or some drops of a liquid drug injected by a hollow needle into the AP (Fluid stimulus or Mesopuncture).
• External stimulus
Among all of the vectors of external stimulation (Massage, heat, pulsed light, laser, etc…) we find the fluid stimulus applied at the surface of the skin covering the AP: It will cross it, by iontophoresis provided by an electric apparatus of Virtual Mesotherapy to reach the AP.
Two kinds of liquid drugs are active on the PA,
'Neutral' liquid drugs, without therapeutic properties and used by Chinese medicine to stimulate the APs either by their volume, which mechanically distends the tissues of the AP or their chemical structure of irritative action on the tissues of the AP.
Liquid drugs with, in addition to their mechanical action, therapeutic properties on health or aesthetic disorders. In this category are stored all drugs of the pharmacopoeia used in medicine and administered by vein or muscle.
The therapeutic action of the drug injected or deposited is variable and depends entirely on the Therapist, Patient and the 'health disorder' being treated.
Pursuant to this recommendation, Acupuncturists used, associating these two versions of the same medicine, to proceed in two steps:
* Insertion of acupuncture needles into the elected AP.
* Removal of the acupuncture needles and injection, often in the same point insertion, of some drops of distilled water or saline or other liquid drug into the AP (or Mesopuncture), with a needle-syringe to potentiate and prolong the acupuncture action.
** TO RESUME
Injection of a drug in the AP was initiated by Chinese Medicine but with limited applications:
- Only one point or a small number of AP was concerned.
- A second needle (with the syringe) was inserted into the same AP.
- The volume injected was important.
- Some Professionals use the metal needle of a syringe filled with liquid drug to achieve, in a single needle insertion, Acupuncture and Mesopuncture, needle and syringe remaining in place, but with two disadvantages: It prohibited the supine position and required to close monitoring of syringes left in place in the different APs.
If the need to associate minimally invasive treatments was laudable, it was incomplete and uncomfortable, especially the obligation to insert, firstly an acupuncture needle followed, secondly, by an injection needle and the impossibility of the supine position. It would have been judicious to create Mesotherapy points on the surface between two APs.
B_ EMERGENCE AND EFFLORESCENCE OF MESOTHERAPY
The next step in associating no-invasive treatments is marked by two highlights:
• BMN was made available to Therapists.
• Concomitant appearance of Mesotherapy.
Mesotherapy has modified some of the fundamental characteristics of Mesopuncture to adapt it to current medicine and create with it and Acupuncture, a group of triple treatment: MAM.
The fundamentals of Mesotherapy helped to change the practice of Mesopuncture and facilitate the integration of Mesotherapy in the group Acupuncture Mesopuncture, creating, thus, the set, Mesotherapy Acupuncture Mesopuncture or MAM, easily achievable, in practice, by the device BMN.
Using the BMN, has confirmed the convenience of this disposable device, once its needle is inserted into the skin, to perform, in daily practice, the MAM (Mesotherapy Acupuncture Mesopuncture), the Patient being the largest beneficiary.
Mesotherapy is only a new western method of administering a liquid drug which must have, necessarily, a therapeutic effect on the disturbances of heath or aesthetics.
• Two ways to perform Mesotherapy:
The liquid drug is or injected by a needle, Classical Mesotherapy or deposited at the surface of the skin and crossing the skin by iontophoresis, delivered by an apparatus of Virtual Mesotherapy.
• Mesotherapy acts by Mesotherapy Point_ MP.
If we can speak of Point in Mesotherapy, it is by analogy with the AP. The Mesotherapy Point (PM) does not exist anatomically or histologically. Just few drops of a drug deposited into the dermis or superficial hypodermis, facing the diseased area create the PM.
Some drops only but endowed with intrinsic therapeutic properties.
C_ MESOTHERAPY ACUPUNCTURE MESOPUNCTURE or MAM
* Changes were made in Mesopuncture by analogy and similarity with Mesotherapy
• The injected volume, has been considerably reduced (a few drops).
• The number of injected points was not limited.
• The selected points are mainly located facing the diseased area.
• As Mesopuncture not necessarily ending the consultation, the consultation may continue.
• Possibility of supine position.